Duration: 2 day
Cost: £320 plus VAT
Inst ratio: 1 to 10
Venue: Aberfeldy base, however, for group bookings we will deliver at group workplace
Description: One of the key aims of the course is to develop systems, reports and inspection regimes which are ‘business specific’ – including equipment marking, recording systems, inspection/examination procedures, equipment maintenance, storage; and disposal procedures.
Prerequisites: This Course is suitable for rope access supervisors, store supervisors and safety supervisors – anyone who has the responsibility of PPE for WAH.
Content of course: A thorough understanding of the following legislation:
- The Activity Centres (Young Persons’ Safety) Act 1995
- The Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992
- Lifting Operations Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
- Work at Height Regulations 2007 (Amended).
- Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER).
- Practical hands-on inspection of kit and classroom presentations, we include the inspection of all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and ‘industry specific equipment’.
- Short exam paper – open book from course materials
- Practical test
A certificate of training and assessment components will be issued. The course has a 3 year validation.
climbworksafety ltd recommend a 1 day update refresher/assessment every 3 years.
All of our courses fall within scope of BS8454:2006 which provides recommendations and guidance on the delivery of training and education for work at height, including rescue. It is applicable to training for work which falls within the scope of the Work at Height Regulations 2005. The standard is applicable to training for work at height in an industrial context, including work at height in factories and in the construction, civil engineering and cleaning sectors, all climb industries courses are delivered in accordance with those standards.