Duration: 3 day
Cost: £280 plus VAT
Ratio:1 to 12
Venue: Course delivered on site workplace
Description: climbmedic is one of Scotland’s leading first aid organisation’s and an SQA approved training centre. Our staff are highly qualified and experienced first aid at work trainers, they also hold WEMT qualifications, and are all serving mountain rescue volunteers. This three day course covers all the relevant content as recommended by the Health and Safety Executive.
Prerequisites: 18 years or over
Content of course:
- Acting safely promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Primary survey
- Secondary survey/patient assessment
- Recovery/drainage positions
- Chocking, adult, child, baby
- Shock, assessing and managing
- Bleeding, small and serious life threatening bleeds
- Eye injuries
- Embedded objects
- Broken and deformed limbs
- Spinal injuries, assessment and management
- Heart attacks
- First aid kits
- RIDDOR 1995 regulations
- Accident recording
- Handing over the patient
- Short exam paper – open book from course materials
- Practical tests: assessing breathing; CPR; controlling bleeding; managing broken bones; practical scenarios
A certificate of training and assessment components will be issued. The course has a 2 year validation. Participants will receive a 3 day SQA first aid at work certificate recognised by HSE regulations.
climbworksafety ltd recommend a 1 day update refresher/assessment every 2 years.
All of our courses fall within scope of BS8454:2006 which provides recommendations and guidance on the delivery of training and education for work at height, including rescue. It is applicable to training for work which falls within the scope of the Work at Height Regulations 2005. The standard is applicable to training for work at height in an industrial context, including work at height in factories and in the construction, civil engineering and cleaning sectors, all climb industries courses are delivered in accordance with those standards.