Duration: 3 day
Cost: £550.00 plus VAT
Ratio: 1 to 8
Venue: Aberfeldy base, however, for group bookings we will deliver at group workplace
Description: Tyrolean access systems are used for a number of functions, most commonly for work positioning and rescue. Tyrolean’s by their nature span wide terrain gaps or buildings – the rope angles are obtuse and the systems can be complicated to work out static safe system factors. This course will teach and demonstrate a number of evidenced based Tyrolean construction methods. Candidates will develop their theory and practice on this course and will by the end of the course will:
- understand how to construct a safe Tyrolean system
- have advanced knowledge of technical equipment
- have a clear understanding of resources required to engineer and build a Tyrolean
Prerequisites: Candidates must be comfortable with heights, the minimum age is 18 years
Content of course:
- WAH regulations, H&S at work regulations, PPE regulations, PUWER, LOLER regulations
- Equipment inspection and maintenance, marking and recording procedures and regulations
- Dynamic risk assessing and method planning for remote environments
- PPE for working at height, correct and fit for working purpose including specialised access equipment for Tyrolean’s
- Candidates will be able to understand Tyrolean system physics and understand the impact of the working load on the Tyrolean main anchor points
- Develop knowledge of the sequence of system construction
- Know the pros and cons of three Tyrolean evidenced based systems
- The vast majority of the course content is taught out of doors on location
- Short exam paper – open book from course materials
- Practical test scenarios
A certificate of training and assessment components will be issued by climb Industries. The course has a 2 year validation.
climbworksafety ltd recommend a 1 day update refresher/assessment every 2 years.
All of our courses fall within scope of BS8454:2006 which provides recommendations and guidance on the delivery of training and education for work at height, including rescue. It is applicable to training for work which falls within the scope of the Work at Height Regulations 2005. The standard is applicable to training for work at height in an industrial context, including work at height in factories and in the construction, civil engineering and cleaning sectors, all climb industries courses are delivered in accordance with those standards.